The THRIVE Program is designed to help students get started on the right career path to success at the College of Lake County.
The THRIVE Academic Coach will act as a resource by helping you find the answers you need to succeed.
Through Academic Coaching:
- Get personalized attention during our Student Success Conference at the beginning of every semester.
- Connect with people who can help you be successful in your classes.
- Chat in Blackboard with students about resources and opportunities for CLC students.
- Learn study and leadership skills.
- Participate in fun activities.
- Take a trip during spring break.
- Attend study sessions for Mid-terms.
- Get advice and encouragement from academic coach, mentor and peer mentor.
- Get supplemental help in math and English.
The peer mentor team is a group of CLC successful students who are trained to assist other students with the social and academic transitions to the College of Lake County. Peer Mentors provide support, resources, and perspective on the issues that students face at CLC.
Become a Peer Mentor:
CLC students who would like to become a peer mentor must meet the following requirements:
- At least 9 credit hours completed
- Currently enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours
- Complete/Submit a Peer Mentor Application
- Cumulative GPA of 2.7
- Able to work up to 10 hours per week
- Work well with others
If you would like to apply to become a Peer Mentor, please review and complete a Peer Mentor Application (PDF), and return it to the Student Empowerment Center.
As a Peer Mentee:
- You will be paired one-on-one with a peer mentor.
- Your peer mentor will provide you with information, support, and encouragement to assist you in having a good experience at the College of Lake County.
- You will receive a monthly newsletter with information about the peer mentor program, college survival tips, and important dates about college programs and events.
- Your peer mentor will be in regular contact with you via phone, email, social networking, and personal meetings.
If you are interested in being paired with a peer mentor to receive this specialized support, please complete a Mentee Application (PDF) and return it to the Student Empowerment Center.
For more information, please contact:
- Elisa Robles
- Beverly Phelps