TRiO-SSS Program at CLC
Increasing the graduation and retention rates of CLC students
through a hands-on approach.
What is Student Support Services?
As a college student, your educational goals are just within your grasp! The College of Lake County's TRiO Student Support Services Program (SSS) can help you reach them.
This interactive program is designed to assist you in the completion of a certificate, associate degree or transfer program. One of the key benefits to participating in SSS is that you will be able to meet one-on-one with the SSS staff throughout your academic career.
What types of assistance does Student Support Services offer?
Student Support Services, a TRiO program, is funded by the U.S. Department of Education and is located in the Student Empowerment Center (B120) at the Grayslake Campus.
There are many other services and opportunities available through participation in SSS. The Student Support Services staff will update participants by email regarding services, events and activities that are scheduled each week.
All services rendered by SSS staff are provided with an underlying goal of increasing the retention and graduation rates of the CLC students participating in the program.
The SSS program is limited to 140 students, so applications will be accepted until that number is reached!
How do I participate?
Most of Student Support Services participants are pre-selected based upon their meeting one or more of the following criteria, but you may also visit our office to inquire and apply if you believe you meet the same criteria:
- Family income meets published federal guidelines (low income)
- Neither parent has completed a bachelor's degree (first generation)
- Referral by the CLC Office for Students with Disabilities.
- Demonstrate a need for academic support
You will need to:
- Submit a completed Student Support Services application to our office in B120, the Student Empowerment Center.
- In addition to the application, please provide proof of your household income. Documents that can be used for proof of income include:
- Once the application is reviewed, an interview will be scheduled with CLC staff members to certify your enrollment into Student Support Services and assess your individual needs for services.