Make the Right Choice
Overwhelmed with the challenge of deciding on the right college?
Attend the College Expo.
Tuesday, March 12, 6 to 8 p.m.
CLC Physical Education Center
19351 W. Washington St.
Who should attend:
High school students and their parents.
Meet College Representatives
Here's an easy and convenient way to get lots of information.
150 college and university representatives will be at the College Expo, and they'll have only one purpose: answering your questions about college options!
Attend a Session on Financial Aid
During the event, two information sessions on financial aid will be held in room 706 of the
Physical Education Center:
Session 1: 6:30 to 7 p.m.
Session 2: 7:15 to 7:45 p.m.
How to Work the College Expo
Take a few minutes to plan how you will work the College Expo. To help you, follow the event guide and download the questionnaire below to get the most out of the College Expo opportunity.
College Expo Event Guide
- Review college catalogs in your high school guidance office ahead of time to determine which schools offer programs in the major you are interested in pursuing.
- Select your "must see" schools in order of priority. Allocate your time so that you can meet with each school's representative.
View a list of participating schools.
- If financial aid is important to your college plans, be sure to attend the Financial Aid information sessions.
- Consult the catalogs and online sites for your top schools. Make notes of anything that is unclear to you.
- Develop a list of questions to ask the college admissions representatives. You may find these sample questions helpful.
Where to Park
Park in lots 2 or 3, on the north side of the campus, closest to the Washington Street and Lancer Lane entrance.
View a campus map.
For more information, call
College Search Tips
Talk to People
Like a counselor, parents, anyone who has attended the schools you're considering.
Tour the Colleges You're Considering
Meet with a counselor and talk to students, in the major you're considering. Check out the community to make sure it's an environment you'll feel comfortable in.