Student Residency Status
Students are classified according to residency status at the time of admission to the college for purposes of tuition assessment and enrollment.
In-District Illinois Resident Student
- A student who is 18 years of age or older and who has lived in Community College District #532 in some capacity other than as a student at a post-secondary education institution or a correctional institution for at least thirty (30) days prior to the first day of the semester of enrollment at CLC.
- An unemancipated student under 18 who has at least one parent, step-parent or court-appointed guardian who meets the above criteria.
- There are some communities within Lake County that CLC only serves a portion of its residents. If you reside on a community college border, your property tax bill or voter registration card will identify your community college.
Out-of-District Illinois Resident Student
- A person who resides in Illinois but is not a resident of Community College District #532 as defined above.
- Includes residents of the Barrington, Illinois public high school district.
An out-of-state resident is one who has not lived within Illinois for at least 30 days prior to the beginning of the semester, or has declared his/her permanent residence to be outside the state of Illinois.
- A person who is not a resident of the state of Illinois.
- International students and other non-immigrant aliens.
Proof of Illinois Resident Status
Evidence of district residency shall be based on ownership and/or occupancy of a dwelling in Community College District #532 and may be verified by displaying one of the following:
- Illinois driverís license or ID card issued by Illinois Secretary of State Office
- an Illinois voter ID card
By displaying two of the following, which must display the studentís name and current address:
- mortgage or home purchase contract
- auto registration
- tax bill
- paycheck stub
- official mail of current bill statements such as cell phone, utility, credit card, auto insurance