u.select is a nation-wide, web-based transfer information system that provides students and advisors with fast and accurate course and transfer information. Many Illinois institutions participate in u.select, and it is free for anyone to use.
Use u.select to:
- View course equivalencies
- See program requirements
- Enter and store course work
- Create planning guides for transfer between institutions
- Request an evaluation of transfer work against a program
The College of Lake County participates in u.select. Participating schools include receiving and sending institutions. Receiving institutions include 18 Illinois institutions who participate at various levels in u.select including all Illinois public universities and five private institutions. Sending institutions include all Illinois public community colleges, two private institutions as well as all Receiving Institutions.
To use u.select go to:
- You may either log in as a guest or create an account (account holders receive greater access to more features).
- To create an account, select "create an account", and follow the prompts to complete the registration form
- Remember your User ID and password
For more information on how to utilize the various features found on u.select, view the Reference Manual (PDF) or speak with a CLC Counselor.
The u.select Illinois Project is funded through the Illinois Board of Higher Education.