Changing Lives Campaign: Helping Students
The College of Lake County provides students with a life-changing path from dreams to bright futures.
At CLC, students find all the practical prerequisites for their success: wide-ranging academic options, tuition value, convenient locations and small classes taught by caring faculty.
More than that, they also find inspiration and motivation from faculty and staff with high expectations of them. Strong academics, combined with counseling, career advice, and learning support, take students from where they are toward where they want to go.
CLC’s success in changing lives is proven by the success of its students. Some have gone on to top universities like Northwestern, the University of Illinois and even Harvard. CLC gave them their educational start on the path to becoming doctors, lawyers, teachers, professors and scientists. For others, the college provided the solid skills and education to start careers as nurses, paralegals, technicians, construction managers and many other occupations.
Our Academic Programs
- Preparation for university transfer toward a bachelor’s degree: Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, Associate in Arts in Teaching, Associate in Engineering Science, Associate in Fine Arts.
- Career preparation: Associate in Applied Science and more than 100 career certificates in more than 35 fields.
- GED, ESL and adult basic education.
- Non-credit courses for personal enrichment or professional continuing education.
- Contract training and consulting services for businesses.
Doug Shimizu, Leadership Scholarship Recipient, 2010-11.
“As a long-time student at CLC, the scholarship will help me decide what my future career will be by allowing me to take classes in the areas I’m interested in.”