Opportunities to Invest
Your gift to the Changing Lives Scholarship Campaign may be made to support:
CLC Foundation Scholarships in general.
The Foundation has eight major scholarship categories–Academic Achievement, Career, Diversity, English as a Second Language, GED, Honors, Returning to Education and Student Activities.
A specific CLC Foundation Scholarship.
The Foundation also offers more than 100 individual scholarships, established to honor an individual or organization. View a list of scholarships.
Creation of a new scholarship of your choice.
Your donation can support a new scholarship, with award criteria of your choosing.
Pablo Astudillo Honors Scholarship Recipient, Majoring in Accounting.
“The Foundation scholarships take off the burden so you have time to focus on what’s really important—your education.”
Other Giving Opportunities
Your gift can also support other student and institutional needs.
- Support of a designated institutional need:
The college encourages a culture of innovation, and each year, many good projects are proposed that can’t be implemented because of insufficient funds. The college would welcome an opportunity to discuss ways donors can align their philanthropic interests with helping to fund such projects.
- Unrestricted support to the college—use wherever the need is great. Donors do not need to have a specific purposes in mind for their donations. Many needs exist—for support of instructional initiatives, technology, facilities improvements and other areas, and the college deeply appreciates donations that are unrestricted in purpose.
- Funding for the Arts. The CLC Foundation supports the Robert T. Wright Community Gallery of Art on the Grayslake campus, which mounts exhibits throughout the year. Other areas for funding include programs in the James Lumber Center for the Performing Arts.
- Veterans Memorial. The CLC Veterans Memorial honors those who have served in the U.S. Armed Forces. The Foundation is raising funds to complete the memorial.
- Women’s Center. The Women’s Center is open to both male and female students and the community, providing support and referral services; discussion groups; outreach programming; speakers; and emergency financial assistance for students.
- The CLC Foundation deeply appreciates gifts of any size. Gifts may be made outright, pledged for up to five years, or designated through planned giving. Contributions may be made in cash, stock, real estate, personal property, a bequest, charitable annuities, charitable remainder trusts, life insurance, retirement plans or IRA rollovers.
To discuss a giving opportunity, please contact:
Karen L. Schmidt
Executive Director, CLC Foundation