Military/Veteran Students

Transfer Credit for Military Education

The College of Lake County awards credit for military education and occupational training according to the recommendations of the American Council on Education as published in "The Guide to the Evaluation of Military Experiences in the Armed Services". To request transfer credit, students are required to complete the Request for Evaluation of Transfer Credit Form and submit the appropriate credentials, as listed below, to the following:

The College of Lake County
Office of Admissions & Records
19351 W. Washington Street, Room B101
Grayslake, IL 60030
Phone: (847) 543-2061
Fax: (847) 543-3061

Army personnel and veterans who entered active duty reserve status starting on or after October 1, 1981

Submit an Army/American Council on Education Registry Transcript (AARTS). AARTS transcripts can be ordered by contacting the AARTS Office, Ft. Leavenworth, KS 66027-5010. You may also call 1-866-297-4427 or visit the website:

Navy active duty, reserve, and veterans who have separated since January 1975; and Marine Corps active duty, reserve, and veterans who have separated since October 1990.

Submit a Sailor/Marine/Ace Registry Transcript (SMART). SMART transcripts can be ordered through your local Navy College Office or Marine Corps Education Center. For further information, contact SMART Operations Center NETPDTC N2, 6490 Saufley Field Road, Pensacola, FL 32504-5204; phone (toll free) (877) 253-7122. You may also visit their website:

Air Force personnel and veterans

Request an official transcript from the Community College of the Air Force for work taken as an undergraduate, or from the Air University for work taken as a graduate student. Community College of the Air Force transcripts may be ordered by sending a request in writing to: CCAF/RRR, 130 West Maxwell Blvd., Maxwell AFB AL 36112-6613, phone number (334) 953-2794 (DSN 493-2794). You may also visit their website at: Air University transcripts may be obtained by writing to the Registrar's Office, 50 South Turner Blvd., Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, AL 36118-5643.


Students may also request a transcript from DSST (formerly DANTES-Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support) or USAFI (United States Armed Forces Institute-tests taken prior to July 1, 1974). Many tests taken under the auspices of DSST or USAFI carry American Council on Education credit recommendations recognized by the College. Official DSST transcripts can be ordered from

DSST test (formerly DANTES)/CLEP

These tests are offered through our Testing Center at the Grayslake and Lakeshore campuses. We also offer the tests at Great Lakes Naval Base for those that have access to the base. View more information on DSST testing at the College of Lake County.

Questions concerning the evaluation of educational experiences in the armed services should be directed to the College of Lake County Office of Admissions & Records.

Physical Education Credit

Any student who is eligible for the G.I. Bill or who has had given two years of active duty in the armed serves may be given two semesters hours of credit for physical education.

Return to Information for Military/Veteran Students


Make this website talk with BrowseAloud.
College of Lake County, 19351 West Washington Street, Grayslake, IL 60030-1198    (847) 543-2000