Skip Navigation

Military and Veterans Benefits

Our goal is to help you obtain your educational benefits through a variety of aid programs offered by the Department of Veterans Affairs and the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC).

On July 1, 2010, new regulations took effect regarding loan discharges for persons who are classified as totally and permanently disabled.

Educational Benefit Programs

State Programs

Federal Programs

Satisfactory Academic Progress Requirements for Military Benefits

All students who receive any federal or state Veteran benefit must meet the standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). Please refer to each program's page for the Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements for that program.

The Time Frame Limitations (TFL) for Veterans Educational Benefits is set by the state and federal Departments of Veterans Affairs. If you receive a letter from the Financial Aid Office that you are on Restriction for TFL and you have not filed a FAFSA, please disregard that letter. If you do apply for Title IV Financial Aid Benefits (including Federal Pell Grants and Federal Stafford Loans), the Time Frame Limitation will impact your Title IV Aid eligibility, but not your Veterans benefits.

During your enrollment at CLC, you will be notified by mail by the Financial Aid Office if you fall below any of the SAP components required by your benefit program. If you fail to meet the GPA or CCR, you will be put on a one-semester warning, but you will still receive financial benefits for the semester. If you do not comply with the SAP requirement by the end of that semester, you will be restricted and will no longer be eligible for financial aid unless an appeal is filed with the Financial Aid Office. Additionally, your appeal must provide documentation of the mitigating circumstances that prevented you from making satisfactory academic progress (i.e. deployment, call to active duty, serious illness, etc.)

For more information, please review the college's SAP policy.

Contact Information

CLC Veterans Representative:

Phone: (847) 543-2063
Fax: (847) 543-3062
Office Hours: Monday to Thursday, 10:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Department of Veterans Affairs:

Main: 1-888-GI-BILL-1
Direct Deposit (set up): 1-877-838-2778
Self-Certification: 1-877-823-2378.

Related Links