Skip Navigation

Program Options

Catalog Cover

Catalog Information

Program Fact Sheet

Career Program Degree and Certificate

Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) Degree

The two-year associates degree program prepares students for a career in architecture and provides a strong foundation to integrate into a four-year architectural degree. Many of our graduates have transferred to architecture programs at the University of Illinois at Chicago, Illinois Institute of Technology, University of Illinois, School of the Art Institute of Technology and others to earn a Bachelor’s in addition to continuing their education to earn a Master’s degree.

  • Architectural Technology A.A.S. (Plan 24CB)


  • Architectural Technology Certificate (Plan 24CF)

Gainful Employment Information

Transfer Information

Students can transfer into an architectural program at a four-year college or university upon completing a transfer program of study in architecture. Students have transferred to the following schools:

  • University of IL – Chicago
  • Illinois Institute of Technology
  • Southern IL University – Carbondale
  • University of IL – Urbana Champaign
  • University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee
  • Columbia College – Chicago (Interior Architecture)

Learn more about the transfer process or view transfer guides.

Additional Information

High School Students

Students in high school may take CLC courses as long as they have taken and passed the aptitude test. Talk with your high school counselor to see if the CLC course you want to take can count towards your high school graduation requirements, this would then be a dual enrollment course where you may get college as well as high school credit and you will be that much closer to attaining your college education even before you've graduated from high school.

Independent Study

If a course is not offered or is canceled for a particular semester, students may take courses as independent study. However, this is at the discretion of the instructor and is an option only for those students who have performed well in past coursework and have an above average GPA.

Taking Courses that are Not Required

Students may take other courses besides the required program courses. This may be allowed if you are able to demonstrate to your advisor how the course substitution will meet program requirements and your career goals. Also, if program requirements change before you graduate, then course substitutions may also be an option at the advisors discretion.

Changing Programs of Study, Substitute Courses

Students who are changing their program of study, and have earned credits for courses that are not part of the ARC program requirements, should speak with the program advisor. The advisor will determine if those courses may be considered a suitable substitute for a required course.

Get Adobe ReaderGet a free copy of Adobe Reader.