Program of Study: Business Administration
Academic Division: Business Division
New Class! – BUS 132 Business Ethics
Business Ethics is focused on case study analysis of ethical issues in the business world. In this class, students will study and analyze business scenarios to determine ethical and non-ethical behavior and practice making sound ethical decisions in various business world environments.
The Associate in Arts Degree (Plan 13AB) in Business Administration (PDF) provides the first two years of a four-year degree with a concentration in business. This degree provides the foundation for a bachelor’s degree at a four-year institution and is typically completed in two years.
- Transfer Guides for Business Majors
- Transfer Guide for BUS 111
- Transfer Guide for BUS 121
- Transfer Guide for BUS 122
- Transfer Guide for BUS 214
- Transfer Guide for BUS 221
- Transfer Guide for BUS 222
- Transfer Guide for BUS 223
Career Program Degrees and Certificates (NOT for Transfer)
Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degrees
Students who are not considering a four-year bachelor’s degree can opt for an Associate in Applied Science degree or a certificate. The Business Administration Associate of Applied Science degree programs are designed to prepare students for entry-level positions in supervision or management or to develop an entrepreneurial venture.
The Business Division offers four A.A.S. programs, each focusing on a different specialization:
- Business Administration A.A.S. (Plan 22BN)
- Entrepreneurship/Small Business Management A.A.S. (Plan 22BL)
- Management A.A.S. (Plan 22BD)
- Marketing A.A.S. (Plan 22BC)
The first two-thirds of all the degree programs are the same. All students take the same General Education and Business Administration coursework and then choose an area of concentration for the final 21 credits.
Three short-term certificates provide students with concentrated course work to develop skills needed for career advancement are offered in the following areas:
- Entrepreneurship/Small Business Management Certificate (Plan 22BE)
- Marketing Certificate (Plan 22BG)
- Supervision Certificate (Plan 22BK)
Course Scheduling Guide
|Not all courses are offered every semester.|
- no Summer
|Spring & |
BUS 113 BUS 115
(*)Spring will be face-to-face, Summer will be online.
This information is accurate, but subject to change.
Rev: July 2013
If you would like to speak with one of the faculty advisors for the business program, please check their contact information.