Program of Study: Medical Assisting
Academic Division: Biological & Health Sciences
Code of Ethics
- I believe in the principles and purposes of the profession of medical assisting.
- I endeavor to be more effective.
- I aspire to render greater service.
- I protect the confidence entrusted to me.
- I am dedicated to the care and well being of all people.
- I am loyal to my employer.
- I am true to the ethics of my profession.
- I am strengthened by compassion, courage and faith.
Code of Ethics
The Code of Ethics of the Illinois Society of Medical Assistants, Inc., an affiliate of the American Association of Medical Assistants shall set forth principles of ethical and moral conduct as they relate to the medical profession and the particular practice of medical assisting.
Members of the Illinois Society of Medical Assistants, Inc., dedicated to the conscientious pursuit of their profession and the respect of the general public which they serve, do pledge themselves to strive always to:
- Render service with full respect for the dignity of humanity;
- Respect confidential information obtained through employment unless legally authoriz4ed or required by responsible performance of duty to divulge such information;
- Uphold the honor and high principles of the profession and accept its disciplines;
- Seek to continually the knowledge and skills of medical assistants for the benefit of patients and professional colleagues;
- Participate in additional service activities aimed toward improving the health and well being of the community.