Skip Navigation

Forms for Transferring Credit

Request for Evaluation of (Prior College) Transcript (PDF)

If you are a degree-seeking student and want to transfer credits from a prior college or university, you must request an evaluation of your transcript. Use this printable form to make that request.

You must contact your prior school(s) and have your official transcripts sent directly to the College of Lake County. Transcripts must be received in a sealed envelope or sent electronically from an institution via an approved secure site. Transcripts that have been opened by the student will not be considered official. Unofficial transcripts cannot be used for transfer credit.

Mailed official transcripts should be addressed to:

College of Lake County
Office of Registrar and Records
19351 West Washington St.
Grayslake, IL 60030-1198

Electronic transcripts submitted through Credentials, eScrip-Safe, Parchment, and the National Student Clearinghouse Electronic Transcript Exchange are accepted. Make sure to select the College of Lake County from the list of participating schools when ordering your transcripts. Electronic transcripts must be sent directly from your school to the College of Lake County account. Do not send transcripts to an individual or department email address. Transcripts sent to student emails will not be accepted.

You can view the status of your evaluation request in myStudentCenter. When your evaluation is complete, you will receive a notification to your CLC email with instructions on how to view your transfer credit in myStudentCenter.

International transcripts will not be evaluated; you must contact a NACES approved evaluator for evaluation for foreign coursework, and have the official evaluation sent to Registrar and Records. The evaluation must be a Catalog Match evaluation in order to be considered for transfer credit. Contact a counselor or advisor for a list of approved companies that provide Catalog Match services.

All transcripts submitted to the College of Lake County become part of CLC’s permanent record. Copies of prior school transcripts and international evaluations will not be released to the student or third parties unless required by law.

Appeal of Evaluation of College Transcript (PDF)

Credit from non-regionally accredited institutions will be evaluated for transfer credit to CLC using this request form. If the College of Lake County determines that the transfer course matches a CLC course in content, rigor and length, it may be accepted for credit at CLC. All required documents must be submitted in order for an evaluation to be processed.

Articulated Credit Request (PDF)

Articulated Credit is awarded for high school courses under agreements between CLC and area high schools. Students who have completed approved courses with a grade of B or higher are identified by their high school. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure their high school is aware they are planning to use articulated credit at CLC.

Credit for Prior Learning

Earn CLC credit by exam or with industry credentials.

Course Equivalency Pre-Evaluation Request

This form is for students who wish to enroll in courses at another institution and need to know the equivalent CLC course.

Adobe logo. Get Adobe Acrobat Reader.Get a free copy of Adobe Reader.