Incoming students will be assessed for Basic Algebra Readiness as demonstrated by meeting any ONE of the following in the appropriate category:
- Confirmed top one-third rank in high school class upon graduation (or current top one- third high school rank after at least five semesters) based on unweighted GPA.
- Cumulative unweighted high school GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or better after at least five semesters (applies only to CLC courses taken after May 2018).
- American College Test (ACT), Math: Score of 17 or above.
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT), Math: Score of 490 or above for test taken March 2016 or later; score of 450 or above for test taken before March 2016. In the absence of an SAT score, equivalent PSAT scores may be used within two years of the PSAT test date.
- General Educational Development (GED) transcript, Mathematics: Score of 145 or above for test taken January 1, 2014 or later; score of 550 or above for test taken before January 2014.
- Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) transcript, Mathematics content area score of 500 or above.
- High School Equivalency Test (HiSET) transcript, Mathematics subtest score of 8 or above.
- Evidence of an associate or higher degree from a regionally accredited, degree-granting U.S. college or university.
- Transcript from a regionally accredited, degree-granting U.S. college or university listing credit equivalent to MTH 101 (with a grade of C or better) or higher level courses at CLC.
- Completion of CLC MTH 101 with a grade of C or better.
- Completion of CLC MTH 114 with a grade of C or better.
If you do not meet any of the criteria above, you can take a CLC Math Placement Test to demonstrate Basic Algebra Readiness available at the CLC Testing Centers.
Basic Algebra Readiness does not meet the prerequisite for college-level math courses. Please refer to math course descriptions for complete requirements.
Please refer to the CLC Catalog for details and the complete academic proficiency prerequisites policy.