College costs money. While your investment at CLC is significantly less than a four-year university or trade school, we still recognize the need for scholarships to help pay for your education. Our financial aid counselors can help you search through the hundreds of scholarships available to find the right ones for you.
How to apply for scholarships, and why!
CLC students will learn the general overview of the CLC Foundation scholarship and grant application process. This video is meant to de-bunk common myths and make the application process as simple and straightforward as possible. Scholarships matter. YOU matter. Thank you for choosing CLC.
In addition to offering federal and state financial aid programs, CLC also awards scholarships. The CLC Scholarship application is available year-round, with the next year’s scholarship cycle beginning in March. These scholarships are based on academic achievement, financial need, and field of study.
Apply for CLC Scholarships
The scholarship application system allows you to save your work and return at a later time to finish and submit. Be sure to submit your completed application and any additional documentation before published deadlines.
In an effort to make scholarship application as convenient as possible for our students, we have reduced the applications from over 100 scholarships down to just TWO scholarship applications: the GENERAL application and the SUPPLEMENTAL application.
The General Application contains a few essay questions, as well as questions about your enrollment and other financial aid. After it is completed, you can fill out the Supplemental Application, which contains a few lists of various scenarios that may or may not apply to you. Once these two quick applications are completed, the scholarship coordinator and scholarship committees will sort your application through over 100 scholarship opportunities to find the best scholarship for you.
Types of CLC Scholarships
- Foundation Scholarships – The College of Lake County Foundation raises money to fund over 100 individual scholarships. We recommend that you review all Foundation Scholarships and submit your application if you’re not automatically matched.
- Applications are accepted early. Priority application deadline for Fall semester is June 30. The deadline for Spring semester is December 17. Apply before these deadlines for full consideration for scholarship awards. Applications may continue to be accepted after these dates for consideration as funds allow. Some scholarship opportunities may have more specific deadline dates. Students can expect to hear back about scholarship awards after the Fall and Spring census periods.
- Learn more about scholarships offered through the CLC Foundation.
- External – Through our Scholarship Site we advertise local private scholarships. You can find these opportunities by clicking on “External” under “Opportunities”. We do not endorse any of these opportunities. We provide this information to you as a resource; exercise your best judgment in researching scholarship opportunities.
- Application deadlines will be specific to each scholarship and should be carefully reviewed.
Please note: It is your responsibility to read and follow the scholarship guidelines, requirements and provisions. If you have questions, please contact the Office of Financial Aid.
What happens after I apply?
A scholarship committee evaluates submitted applications and selects recipients. All communication about your scholarship awards will be done through your student email and the CLC Scholarship Online Application system. You can view your application status on the Application dashboard after you sign-in. You will be notified via your student email if you are selected for an award. Be sure to follow all instructions in the email to accept your award. Failure to do so may result in delays in receiving your scholarship or loss of eligibility.
Please note: It is your responsibility to read and follow the scholarship guidelines, requirements and provisions.
If you have questions, please contact the Scholarship Coordinator.