Skip Navigation

Program Options

About the Program

Physics is a transfer program housed in the Engineering, Math and Physical Sciences division. Transfer programs are for students who plan to continue their education at a four-year college or university to earn a bachelor’s degree. Some students take physics courses to fulfill the physical science requirement for a transfer degree. Others take physics courses as part of a plan to major in physics.

For Physics Majors

If you plan to major in physics, you must complete the requirements, including general education courses, listed for the Associate in Science degree. You should become familiar as soon as possible with the requirements of the institution where you plan to transfer and select your elective courses only after consulting with an advisor.  Some transfer schools, such as the University of Illinois, require a strong foreign language component.

In enrolling in CLC courses, you must meet all course prerequisites. For example, some students may require pre-calculus courses work before beginning the “First Semester” course work outlined in the degree plan.

Associate Transfer Degree