Children’s Learning Center
For them—and for you
Your child can attend school while you attend school at the College of Lake County. CLC has two Children’s Learning Centers where your child can learn, play, explore and make friends while you’re earning your degree.
Both centers are modern and secure where our experienced, degreed teachers provide high-quality care and education for children ages 2-5 years. Both centers at Grayslake and Lakeshore Campuses are Licensed by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS), accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), and have a gold rating EXCELERATE Gold through the State of Illinois quality rating system.
Services are open to students, staff and the surrounding community and available year-round for children who are 2-5 years old. We provide summer care for school-aged children up to 12 years old.
Enroll children in advance for limited times based on your class, study and work schedules. Contact either of the Children's Learning Centers for more information.
Grayslake, Room D123-127
Monday - Friday: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Lakeshore, Room S103
Monday - Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Apply for free preschool at Lakeshore
The College of Lake County Preschool For All Program is a free 9-month program for eligible families with children between the ages of 3-5. The program is located at the Lakeshore Campus every weekday starting in late August through May, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Call (847) 543-2150 to register.
- Children's Learning Center Preschool for All Enrollment Application (PDF)
- Children’s Learning Centers Enrollment Application (PDF)
- Children’s Learning Centers Enrollment Application (Spanish PDF)
- Children’s Learning Centers Re-Enrollment Form (PDF)
- Children’s Learning Centers Curriculum Goals (PDF)
- Children’s Learning Centers Fees (PDF)
- Children’s Learning Center Child Care Access Means Parents in School CCAMPIS Grant Application (PDF)
- Physical Form (PDF)