Military and Veterans
Supporting your educational journey
Veteran Student Services (VSS) is ready to help you succeed at CLC. Whether you are active duty and want to use Tuition Assistance for a class or two, or a veteran or a dependent using benefits (or somewhere in between), you are welcome here.
To provide you with full support, the VSS partners with staff in the offices of Financial Aid, Academic Advising, Access and Disability Resource Center, Counseling and Psychological Services, Student Activities and Inclusion, and more.
Consider us the one-stop shop for veterans, military students and military-connected students attending or planning to attend CLC.
Gold military-friendly school
College of Lake County (CLC) was among the top colleges and universities nationwide to be named an official Gold Military Friendly® school.
Veteran Student Services recognizes the dynamic needs and experiences of military affiliated students, and provides programs, resources and advocacy on their behalf. VSS oversees the careful management of VA Federal and State Educational Benefits, and Tuition Assistance.
Phone: (847) 543-2018
- Military-Affiliated Student Outreach & Programs Coordinator: Room B105C
- Financial Aid Associate/Veteran's Specialist: Room C177
- Veterans Lounge: Room C145
How we can help you
We can help you with any of the following:
- Applying to college and enrolling in classes
- Applying for and using federal, U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and state benefits
- Transitioning to college and navigating the campus
- Using CLC’s resources for academic success
- Connecting with other students through programs and our Veteran’s Lounge
- Navigating local and federal programs and resources