About the Program
There are three different areas in Criminal Justice:
- Law Enforcement, which is responsible for enforcing the law.
- Courts, which safeguard the judicial process.
- Corrections, which provide custody, treatment and rehabilitation.
This field offers three career paths:
- Law enforcement: police, sheriff’s patrol, federal law enforcement, FBI, U.S. Marshal, U.S. Customs Drug Enforcement Agency, Immigration and Naturalization Service.
- The courts and the judicial process: probation officer, victim’s advocate, juvenile case worker.
- The corrections system: corrections officer.
Employers include police agencies, court systems, correction institutions and private security. Some positions require an Associate degree; others a Bachelor’s degree.